Skip to main content

Travel Around

R2CI'm flying to Washington D.C. on Sunday for a really big thing: 10th anniversary of the Dayton Peace agreement. This article by Jonathan Steele, in The Guardian emphasizes almost all of the things I personnaly think about the current situation in Bosnia how much we can blame that piece of paper that we now call the Constitution for the situation.
There're also another 6 students from Bosnia and Herzegovina coming and it seems that they invited us so we could lighten up the atmosphere a little bit. The celebration or whatever they're calling it will last for 2 days and will consist of intergovernmental as well as interreligious talks, and a lunch on Tuesday when I'm flying back to Memphis.
I'm staying in Memphis until Sunday though (tomorow: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire :)), and after I get back I'll stay at my friends Bethan's house until the end of the week, so I don't think I will have enough online time to actually post something here, but I'll promise I'll try.
Until then all you Bosnian speaking men and women can check out the web site of the University of Sarajevo Law School Student Organisation. Quite an interesting forum and often some news too. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cutest Thing

Does it get any cuter??? Anyway, Cute Overload is a beautifuly cutest thingy blog ever ever blog... What can I say, cutest puppies get to me in ways unimaginable to people that don't know me that well... But not to be all cutsie and puppy eyes on you, a bit of WARNING! This post'll have to do with the next award I'll be giving away as soon as I figure out what it'll be...

Rules of the South

Back again. Some of you may have thought that I go out every night, all night, to examin those male-female relations more closely. I am terribly sorry to dissapoint you... believe me, more then you can imagine... I'm not saying I'm not willing. I am not saying I am not capable, oh no, I am saying I am being prevented by the State of Mississippi, and not just me, but everyone!!! There's no discrimination in these laws, oh no. Public order shall be ensured at all times. Any and every drunken behaviour at all hours of day and night shall be stopped and taken care of immediately [by arresting the drunken person]. All public shops and clubs that pore alcoholic beverages will be closed before 1AM on ordinary weeknights. On saturdays no store will be opened after 12AM (!!!) and will remain closed all through the Holy Sunday. This is in short what the laws (at least in Oxford) ought to look like. I haven't actually read them, but believe me, Police is there to remind me. And n

Here I Am...

Never mind, an old song... To begin with, a brief account of our visit to Washington D.C., a lovely place that by some strange universal accident landed on a wrong continent. :) We didn't get much chance to walk around the City, somewhat because of the rain and also our busy schedule. But we did see (at least from afar) most of the most famous monuments that make this city what it is. We were located in the City Center so we also saw all the old architecture that one wouldn't expect anywhere outside Europe, and also got a tour of a big fortress Americans call State Department. But we got a chance to see a whole lot of Bosnian politicians. I do not want to curse on this blog so I will just skip the general impression I got from our political "elite" and religious leaders. With people like that our country can only go – downhill. I did get a chance to meet a lot of interesting people outside of that group. I made a little mistake, 9 Bosnian students came to that anniver