Skip to main content

Lov'ly jobly

When you start to think about stuff, you really discover that you can put a lot of stuff in writing. Different stuff, every day, and today I'm going back to my favorite: Newspaper Comic Strips.
Calvin and Hobbes actually. Now, Americans will remember (unless they have the "weekend memory", but of that later) this ingenious little boy and his creator, Bill Watterson. People from Bosnia and Herzegovina and neighbouring countries, unless they're either really into comics or spent some time in the States, weren't as lucky to have him in our lives every day and rarely find an interest in looking up what's this all about.
The story in short, follows the adventures of this stereotypical 6 year old, Calvin, who has no friends, loves to spent his time inside instead of outside, is no good in schoolwork, and has only two positive things in his life (as he sees it): his tiger, Hobbes, and his imagination.
How could I even begin to explain just through what do they go through? How can I explain how Calvin survives every day with a REAL LIVE tiger without being eaten alive? I don't! You'll have to do it on your own. Go to whatever P2P program or torrent downloader you have, type in Calvin and Hobbes and enjoy yourself like you never thought possible!
That is, if you don't have the money or a place to order and buy the comics in these beautiful books that are just waiting to be read... Anyway, here's a link to an excellent text about just what made them so great (thanks to Macan) for those that don't feel like reading through 10 and smth. years worth of daily comics.
As for what is new and also ingenious, here're my current favorites (not necessarily in the preferential order):
Doonesbury is THE political strip of the moment. Follow the link and see for yourself stuff you won't see anywhere else.
Unless, ofcourse, you prefer Boondocks. :) The best north America has to offer at the moment. Enjoy it!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cutest Thing

Does it get any cuter??? Anyway, Cute Overload is a beautifuly cutest thingy blog ever ever blog... What can I say, cutest puppies get to me in ways unimaginable to people that don't know me that well... But not to be all cutsie and puppy eyes on you, a bit of WARNING! This post'll have to do with the next award I'll be giving away as soon as I figure out what it'll be...

Rules of the South

Back again. Some of you may have thought that I go out every night, all night, to examin those male-female relations more closely. I am terribly sorry to dissapoint you... believe me, more then you can imagine... I'm not saying I'm not willing. I am not saying I am not capable, oh no, I am saying I am being prevented by the State of Mississippi, and not just me, but everyone!!! There's no discrimination in these laws, oh no. Public order shall be ensured at all times. Any and every drunken behaviour at all hours of day and night shall be stopped and taken care of immediately [by arresting the drunken person]. All public shops and clubs that pore alcoholic beverages will be closed before 1AM on ordinary weeknights. On saturdays no store will be opened after 12AM (!!!) and will remain closed all through the Holy Sunday. This is in short what the laws (at least in Oxford) ought to look like. I haven't actually read them, but believe me, Police is there to remind me. And n
People wanted more photo's... And since I don't exactly know what to write about... Well, here you are... [Klik on d imidzs tu si betr.] My lovely Bosnian sister. :) Sabina, Fullbright Undergrad from Tuzla. First meeting of the Planet Partners in the Grove, what was the date?... Sometime in September. Hence the short pants. From left to right: Hyewon Hwang (Korea), Varun Kumar (India) and Hyejeong Pang (Korea). The Second Planet Partners meeting yesterday, 10/27/2005, we carved those pumpkn headsamericans make for their children, burned some marshmallow over the fire you can see in the first photo, and then danced those ridiculous square dances you can see in movies that show the life on the Wild West or South. Anyway, had a lot of fun. :) The only sign of wildlife in Oxford (apart from a couple of robins and sparrows). There's like a thousand of them on campus and every once in a while students get hit on their heads with nuts. Oh yeah, and there're some different kin