Skip to main content

Chicago

IndianThis pic is the most interesting shot I did while staying here, and there's no Photoshop editing involved, just my camera acting up at night. It's the statue of an Indian near the Millennium Park, made by a Croatian sculptor Ivan Mestrovic. I kinda like it, it just has something about it...
Anyways, I've been here for more then two weeks now and what do I have to show for it? Not much really, I usually get to going to the Downtown (pretty much the only interesting part of the City) only at night and this statue is the only really succesful shot I got. I have a lot of family and friends photos inside though, so I'll probably post them later below.
I'm not revealing the surprise yet (not until I go back to the University, I don't have to drive to a post office there...), but I am going to share some stuff I've discovered in this time I've been inactive:
I've rented my Blog for the first time to Scooter McGavin over the BlogExplosion (in the right Sidebar) so, sorry everybody else, he was the first to come. Next time though, the price has to go up. ;)

New Comic Book Forum (soon a website too) on this adress.

An excellent Blog about political issues in America today - but without the political correctnes! Martian Antropologist gives it as it is, right here.

My bit to the Australian comic book community - 300 faces in 30 days, quite a target when you think about it. Nicely done and for a good cause - check it out.

Today: BBC.co.uk (whose link was undeservingly erased in the process of reconstructing the Blog) brings us a story about how a Bosnian laboratory will be conducting the DNA analyses of 350 Hurricane Katrina victims. The same laboratory was involved a year earlier in the DNA tests on Tsunami victims and still continues its work on identifying people found in hundreds of mass graves all over Bosnia and Herzegovina. Just my way of paying tribute to these awesome men and women.
Can't remember anything else at the moment except that the Blog will be going under some changes these days (adding new links, changing some old ones and ads, damned ads...), and I'll just post some other photos of Chicago and myself. :)

Chicago Art Museum, the most magnificent museum I've been to, with Picaso, Gauguin, Monet... Didn't know I knew so many french painters didya? :) But seriously, I loved every bit of it and I'll definitely go and check it out some more before I leave.

Millennium Park, shiny glassy egg that reflects Chicago. Much prettier in real life then my photo.

And for the end, Happy Holidays from me and my little cousin from the Windy City!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sve najbolje u Novoj godini!

Javim ti se dužim mailom uskoro! ;)

Admir
Emir said…
vazhi ljudino, i tebi i tvojima sve najbolje ;)
Anonymous said…
ok, provala do besvijesti.buraz,newsflash:picaso nije bio francuz.
Emir said…
djevojchice malena, on je dobio francusko drzavljanstvo kada je Franko dosao na vlast u Spaniji, a takodje je tamo napravio najveci broj svojih djela.
hajd se ti fino iskijaj pa i umjesto mene odradi jednu dvije zice :P
Anonymous said…
veci dio zivota je bio spanac.:o)

Popular posts from this blog

The Cutest Thing

Does it get any cuter??? Anyway, Cute Overload is a beautifuly cutest thingy blog ever ever blog... What can I say, cutest puppies get to me in ways unimaginable to people that don't know me that well... But not to be all cutsie and puppy eyes on you, a bit of WARNING! This post'll have to do with the next award I'll be giving away as soon as I figure out what it'll be...

Rules of the South

Back again. Some of you may have thought that I go out every night, all night, to examin those male-female relations more closely. I am terribly sorry to dissapoint you... believe me, more then you can imagine... I'm not saying I'm not willing. I am not saying I am not capable, oh no, I am saying I am being prevented by the State of Mississippi, and not just me, but everyone!!! There's no discrimination in these laws, oh no. Public order shall be ensured at all times. Any and every drunken behaviour at all hours of day and night shall be stopped and taken care of immediately [by arresting the drunken person]. All public shops and clubs that pore alcoholic beverages will be closed before 1AM on ordinary weeknights. On saturdays no store will be opened after 12AM (!!!) and will remain closed all through the Holy Sunday. This is in short what the laws (at least in Oxford) ought to look like. I haven't actually read them, but believe me, Police is there to remind me. And n

Here I Am...

Never mind, an old song... To begin with, a brief account of our visit to Washington D.C., a lovely place that by some strange universal accident landed on a wrong continent. :) We didn't get much chance to walk around the City, somewhat because of the rain and also our busy schedule. But we did see (at least from afar) most of the most famous monuments that make this city what it is. We were located in the City Center so we also saw all the old architecture that one wouldn't expect anywhere outside Europe, and also got a tour of a big fortress Americans call State Department. But we got a chance to see a whole lot of Bosnian politicians. I do not want to curse on this blog so I will just skip the general impression I got from our political "elite" and religious leaders. With people like that our country can only go – downhill. I did get a chance to meet a lot of interesting people outside of that group. I made a little mistake, 9 Bosnian students came to that anniver